Friday, February 11, 2011

Delicious Carrot & Ginger Soup


You'd be more likely to find me in a Betty Ford clinic than at a Betty Crocker cookery class nonetheless even I was able to master this delicious and super healthy soup!
Take half a butternut squash, chop it up and throw it into the oven on 350 degrees for 35-40mins.
In the meantime, sautee 3 crushed cloves of garlic with one chopped onion.
After the butternut squash is cooked add it to the pan with 1lb of chopped and peeled carrots, a 2inch piece of chopped and peeled butternut squash and three cups of water (I did half water-half chicken stock).
Bring to the boil and then cook for 20 mins.
Blend and voila - a delicious and healthy soup!
I'm all about ginger right now as it is soo good for your digestive system.  As I had to buy fresh ginger for this recipe I'm now using it for tea in the morning.  I just chop up a few pieces and add it to some boiling water.  Yummy!  And I think much better for my skin and general well-being than my usual large latte.
Try it and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment