Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fresh Pea Soup


Loving this recipe!!
Get two medium sized shallots, dice them up and sautee them with 1 clove of garlic.
Once this is cooked thoroughly add 3 cups of fresh (or frozen peas) with two cups of water (or stock).  Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins.
Blend and serve away!!

I used chicken stock when I made this soup and I also added some spinach leaves to it.  The soup ended up being a little too thick for me once I blended it so I did end up adding water to it.  It was absolutely DELICIOUS!  I can't WAIT to make it again.  And there's only 135 calories a cup which is fantastic.

I've already sent this recipe through to my sister and aunt so I'm waiting to hear their reviews of it.  I think I actually preferred this to the Carrot & Ginger soup which surprised me.

In other news, my juicer arrived two days ago - hurray!!  I've had fresh pineapple, mango and orange juice the last couple of mornings.  Soooo good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment