Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week Three

Weight 138.0lb

So I've lost a whopping .4 of a pound since last week.  Hmm.  I have to say - the exercise portion of this program has really not taken off as of yet.  I've been good at fairly consistently doing sit-ups, leg lifts and squats but that's really been the extent of it.  I know I need to seriously address this if I actually want to see any changes to my body.

I also did rediscover my old pal alcohol this past weekend.  I've steered clear from this sweet nectar of the Gods for the last few weeks but faced with a blind date on Friday night - I caved!  And of course, no sooner did I cave on Friday night than I ended up on the sauce Sunday and Monday respectively. 

Nonetheless - I have managed to remain pretty good with regards to my food and haven't really been over indulging.  I made another batch of the delicious pea soup on Saturday and have been juicing non stop.  Over the weekend, I made a delicious juice with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and a lime - soooo good.  This morning, I enjoyed some orange, mango and a hint of strawberry juice.  I'll definitely need to stay motivated with regards to my juicing as it's definitely more work than I had anticipated.  On a not-entirely-unrelated note, please note that just because Breville does not instantly charge your credit card for purchasing one of their juicers online nor sends you a confirmation email does not mean that your transaction has not been processed.  There's no need to order the same juicer from Zappos (at a cheaper price mind you!) as you may end up like me - with two of the exact same juicers.  If only somebody had imparted this wisdom to me two weeks ago.......

Regarding my diet, I'm hoping to go for heavier carb foods during the day and then enjoy lighter snacks in the evening.  I made a big batch of pasta over the weekend which I've had for lunch the past few days and thus far, have been sticking to smaller meals in the evening.  I don't know how this is going to pan out this evening as I have a case of the craves.  I have no idea what I'm craving but I feel like I could go on a major food binge right now.  Please God I'll keep my self control!!

No comments:

Post a Comment